cauliflower rebirth??

After I cut off the cauliflower "fruit", is there any reason to keep the plant and wait for more cauliflower babies to grow...will this plant send up new shoots/branches that will eventually produce more fruit?
jc
jbclem wrote:

shoots/branches so I take the whole plant out when the head is harvested. Broccoli, on the other hand, will readily produce side shoots with small heads so I leave them for the whole season and re-harvest. YMMV
George