Catus

Last summer when I planted a catus I welled up the dirt around it. Now I'm wondering, since we are expecting some rain here in So. Cal. over the next week and possibly a pretty good rainy season, if I should fill in around the catus and make it so water runs off more naturally so it does not get to much water soaking in? Will the dirt filled in, which will cover probably about the first 3 inches of the catus stalk out of the ground hurt it? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul

Are you talking about a cactus, such as Opuntia imbricata, or a housecat (Felis catus)?

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I have found that when you plant a catus it is a good idea to put some heavy rocks on top to ensure that the canis doesn't disinter it and bring it home.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

ok guys, ok. :-) It is a cactus. For a minute there I couldn't figure what you were talking about.

Paul O.

Reply to
Paul

In that case put a half inch layer of coarse sand around the plant. Make sure the drainage is fast.

Reply to
Phisherman

And don't pet it.

J.