Catnip in bloom

I didn't even realize it did that, but my catnip is in full bloom! Well full bloom is a strong word, actually it looks more like a huge collection of tiny purple flowers on the stems - but I'm still impressed by the sheer number of them on a single plant.
Does the flowering do anything to the plant, like make it lose its smell or die it off?
Eigenvector wrote:

That sounds more like catmint rather than catnip. Is it about 3 feet tall (or more), or about 16 to 18 inches tall and growing in clumps?
Bob

No, but it does produce prodigious quantities of seed, if you don't want *lots* of catnip, be sure to cut the plants down after they finish flowering.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Actually I do want a ton of the stuff. So I guess I'll let it rip and see what happens.

OK, but don't say I didn't warn you! <G>