Caterpillar

I have an infestation of all types of caterpillars in my carport and want to get rid of all of them. How do I kill like 100's of them quickly? I thought about getting a powerful UV lamp, but dont know how that would work. Rubbing alcohol takes too long to kill them, gets very smelly, and is not efficient to spray over a large area.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

actually are? Every now and them we have a mini infestation of Mourning Cloak 'pillars that climb down to pupate. Something to behold, but the end result are non destructive butterflies ;0)
If they are tent 'pillars - crush, kill, destroy :0) Are they hanging around, or have they already boogied out?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Burning down your carport might work.

Leave them alone they will ot eat much.
David

are they on the surface of the car port, in nooks and crevices or burrowing in to the wood? After identifying what they are and deciding on erradication if harmful, if the surface of the wood why not just a can of fly spray. If in nooks and crevices a thorough spray with a fly spray that 'sits' on surfaces for 30 days (sheltered from rain). If burrowing in to the wood itself start thinking borer or the like and the need for chemicals that will permeate the wood itself. Kerosene is often used as a means of conveying insecticides of this manner as it soaks into the wood.
Grab a handful and take them to a garden centre ort hardware store and ask if they can identify them and suggest a treatment (if needing to be disposed of).
rob