Catepillers!

I'm told that everyone is having a problem with caterpillars this year in my area. There are tent caterpillars and a bunch of others. They're all over my neighbor's baby fruit trees and seem to be coming over to my lot for dessert. They've munched most of the new growth off of my expensive new chinoides rhododendrons.

What's the best approach to dealing with them? I've seen people talking about a bacillus, but didn't see it at the garden center.

-- Jenny - Low Carbing for 4 years. At goal for weight. Type 2 diabetes, hba1c 5.4. Cut the carbs to respond to my email address!

Low carb facts and figures, my weight-loss photos, tips, recipes, strategies for dealing with diabetes and more at

for help controlling your blood sugar? Visit

Jenny

Some commercially available Bt varieties and target pests:

Bacillus thuringiensis

Reply to
Twobtold

The tent caterpillars will not do permanent damage to the trees.

I have never seen tent caterpillars attack my rhododendrons.

Reply to
Travis

Reply to
J Kolenovsky