Cat control

Or children...

Reply to
G Henslee

If you had yourself jailed for life, your lifespan would be similarly enhanced. If you don't do this to yourself, but advocate it for cats, you are guilty of hypocrisy.

As soon as you become Master of the Universe, you can begin issuing edicts. Until then, my cats are free.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

Too bad no one told YOUR mom.... Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

What idiotic logic....cats have been house pets for 200 years or more and have no link to the outdoors other than hunting squirrels like you...

And in my hood trapped and sent to no kill shelters with a donation of food and spay/neuter.

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Those pets have been kept because they hunt rodents. Locking them up makes them useless. Rudeness is a poor substitute for intelligence, by the way.

There is no such thing as a "no kill" "shelter."

Reply to
Bert Byfield

Cat scratch disease

Dermatomycosis (fungal 'ringworm')

RABIES (reported in the past week in a kitten, locally)

TOXOPLASMOSIS

Also: Ancylostomiasis, Cutaneous larval migrans (hookworms) Toxocariasis, Visceral larval migrans (roundworms)

Some (most?) of these are more likely to found in cats that hunt outdoors rather than in indoor cats under proper veterinary care.

(For the record, I like cats as pets, indoors, but don't have any as I am allergic to them.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Take your own advise and google! In the mean time there are numerous diseases spread to domestic cats by poorly cared for and feral cats!!

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Too bad your mom was your sister.

Reply to
G Henslee

unless they lock them up too eh?

the indoor/outdoor cat debate has been raging for years, I don't impose my opinions on others or their animals and appreciate it when others accord me the same respect.

for the record, I have cats, dogs and children, all are properly cared for, receive appropriate medical care, and do not impose on other people's space. I hope they can all continue to live free, healthy and happy and I will endeavour to make sure of that as long as I breathe.

Reply to
boliath

I'd call a vet's office and ask them what they recommend for an outdoor spray or outdoor powder to put around the garden that cats do not like. I'd be tempted to tie the dog up outside during "cat hours" with the dog house. I'll bet that doggie "smell" would cure the cat too.....LOL After all, animals are territorial.

Lindakay

Reply to
Lindakay

I just remembered a plant that cats do NOT like - Marigolds. We used to plant them around the perimeter of the garden. That kept most any animal out of the garden - including deer.

Lindakay

Reply to
Lindakay

Yes, for trespassing or being "at-large". Here in Milwaukee, WI, cats and dogs are picked up regularly by Animal Control, and there's a rather hefty fine to reclaim your pet -- something like $50 plus $10/day for boarding, plus another fine and fee is the pet is not licensed.

Plenty of folks don't want someone else's pet on their property and have a right to enjoy their yard without contending with someone else's pet. Just MHO, but I really believe that letting one's pet run loose is irresponsible -- for other humans who have to put up with them, and for the pet's safety. And perhaps the OP was pulling legs, but why shouldn't the subject be discussed or posts replied to?

Suzy O

Reply to
Suzy O