Cat control

Page 2 of 2

Even so, it is still presumptuous and rude, not to mention that it advocates cruelty to animals.
Bert Byfield wrote:

Which part is animal cruelty? Increasing your pets' lifespans by keeping them out of traffic, out of the yards of people who will poison or shoot them, and out of fights with other animals who may be diseased, or preventing the the killing of local native fauna?
Sorry, but I do think that people who are not willing to take responsibility for their pets' safety and for their behavior probably just shouldn't have pets.
-- Jennifer, presumptuous :)
Jennifer wrote:

Or children...

Too bad no one told YOUR mom.... Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold
Tom Suckoffski wrote:

Too bad your mom was your sister.
G Henslee wrote:

unless they lock them up too eh?
the indoor/outdoor cat debate has been raging for years, I don't impose my opinions on others or their animals and appreciate it when others accord me the same respect.
for the record, I have cats, dogs and children, all are properly cared for, receive appropriate medical care, and do not impose on other people's space. I hope they can all continue to live free, healthy and happy and I will endeavour to make sure of that as long as I breathe.

If you had yourself jailed for life, your lifespan would be similarly enhanced. If you don't do this to yourself, but advocate it for cats, you are guilty of hypocrisy.

As soon as you become Master of the Universe, you can begin issuing edicts. Until then, my cats are free.
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:32:30 GMT, Bert Byfield

What idiotic logic....cats have been house pets for 200 years or more and have no link to the outdoors other than hunting squirrels like you...

And in my hood trapped and sent to no kill shelters with a donation of food and spay/neuter.

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold

Those pets have been kept because they hunt rodents. Locking them up makes them useless. Rudeness is a poor substitute for intelligence, by the way.

There is no such thing as a "no kill" "shelter."
Travis said:

Cat scratch disease
Dermatomycosis (fungal 'ringworm')
RABIES (reported in the past week in a kitten, locally)
TOXOPLASMOSIS
Also: Ancylostomiasis, Cutaneous larval migrans (hookworms) Toxocariasis, Visceral larval migrans (roundworms)
Some (most?) of these are more likely to found in cats that hunt outdoors rather than in indoor cats under proper veterinary care.
(For the record, I like cats as pets, indoors, but don't have any as I am allergic to them.)

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:27:39 GMT, "Travis"
Take your own advise and google! In the mean time there are numerous diseases spread to domestic cats by poorly cared for and feral cats!!