Cat control

Page 1 of 2
Will a bowl of antifreeze stop my neighbors cat from using my garden as a litter box?
You might try testing on yourself first to see if it is really effective.

Perhaps I have problems with cats, and a cat catcher that's non-responsive. I went through that some years ago. I didn't get as far as using poison, although it was next on my list. What worked ended up being great fun. I had a picture of a friend's boat docked in Montauk, Long Island. In those days, some fishermen thought it was cool to hang sharks' heads on the dock pilings after they were done hacking up the animals for whatever purpose. I showed that picture to two uncooperative cat owners and asked if they'd like to see that happen to their beasts. The cops came to my door later that day. We talked, and I assume they also chatted with the cat owners because I never saw those cats leave their property again. Priceless.

non-responsive.
Doug- what you need is a sighthound (*if* you can tolerate dogs). You'd never ever even see another cat on your property. Or bunny. Or possums, raccoons, and squirrels. Anything that moves is game.
--
Toni
http://www.irish-wolfhounds.com
Toni wrote:

If it would attack and viscously cause great bodily harm to it's owner I would gladly buy one for Kanter.

You only need to have a dog dig up your lettuce seedlings once, in order to see that they have no place in a civilized society. Fortunately, we have an old law in this town which says that any animal can be "liquidated" if it's destroying food crops. I've only had to print this law, ask to have a cop meet me at the offending owner's house, and read them the law, in order to stop offenders. It's worked wonderfully (so far).
You got that ass backwards...*you* don't have a place in civilized society.

Kanter Ranter wrote:

Don't be too hard on ole DOGless Kanter. He's got real troubles. Here's what his last colonoscopy revealed:
http://www.guitarsandaudio.com/extras/shite/funnypics/xray1.jpg
I'll be! And all this time I thought it was a stick...or something that died that was up "there"! Poor DOuG...

See, they did the wrong thing calling the police on you. The right, proper, and just thing to do after that would have been to firebomb your house, making sure that you and whatever family you might have never got out alive.

Hey sissy, if you talked to me like that in person i'd squash you like a tabby cat. I used to know a darren in school, we used to knock his books out of his hands dailey.

I've discovered that there are a lot of people just like me in the world. You may meet one eventually, if you keep threatening people.
If you do meet me, and show me your little mind, I'll beat you into the mud and poor cat piss down your throat.
Have a great time, asshole.

LMAO! another sidewalk sissy is heard from. You have a cat piss fetish? What a sick bastard.

LMAO! another sidewalk sissy is heard from. You have a cat piss fetish? What a sick bastard.
Doug Kanter wrote: <snip>

I'd call a vet's office and ask them what they recommend for an outdoor spray or outdoor powder to put around the garden that cats do not like. I'd be tempted to tie the dog up outside during "cat hours" with the dog house. I'll bet that doggie "smell" would cure the cat too.....LOL After all, animals are territorial.
Lindakay
Lindakay wrote:

I just remembered a plant that cats do NOT like - Marigolds. We used to plant them around the perimeter of the garden. That kept most any animal out of the garden - including deer.
Lindakay
And that's not all it may stop -- as if you didn't already know that!
First line of defense, get a dog. As a bonus, you might discover why there are so many dog fans out there.
Then again, if acquiring a dog doesn't appeal to you, talk to the cat's owner about keeping their pet from roaming the neighborhood.
If that proves unsuccessful or a reasonable discussion is not in the offing, you might up the ante by trapping the cat and turning it in to your local animal control facility.
Mostly thought, I would suggest it's futile to punish the animal for it's owner's irresponsibility. It may feel good in the short run, but if the neighboring cat owner is truly blind to the rights of others -- purposely or not -- they'll miss the point entirely and just go out and replace kitty #1 with another.
Good luck! Suzy O

Suzy O wrote:

For what? Trespassing?

What on earth! What rights is the cat infringing on? Why is the neighbour being irresponsible? I assumed the original post was a troll and disregarded it but your response doesn't seem to be in jest.

Boliath wrote:

Not keeping your pets off of other peoples' property is irresponsible pet ownership. If you feel your cat needs to experience the outdoors to be happy, then an outdoor enclosure is safest for your cat, best for the local songbirds, and most respectful of your neighbors.
-- Jennifer
Jennifer wrote:

Sorry, to be clear, that's a generic "you", not directed at any one person in particular :)
-- Jennifer