Caryopteris (Bluebeard)

Hello, Anyone else a fan of this plant? This is my first year to have it in the garden, and I LOVE it! (I had never even seen it before, until I planted it based on a gardening plan recommendation.)

It looked nice as foliage all summer, and then burst forth into gorgeous deep blue late-September bloom. It looks good next to the hot-pink asters, which bloomed about the same time. I had no idea the

2 Caryopteris x clandonensis plants (bushes maybe?) would grow so well and look so good. It's nice to have something work out unexpectedly like that, and also to know that I have an honest-to-goodness long-blooming hardy perennial (I hope . . .).

-- peliroja-roja

Reply to
-- pelirojaroja

It is really easy to propagate if you want more. I pruned mine one year and threw the cuttings into the compost pile. Weeks later I had to move the pile and found the cuttings alive and sprouting. The next spring I put cuttings into containers of moist potting mix and set them in the shade. Several weeks later they had developed roots and I transplanted them. For some reason the original plants started to decline and eventually died. The new plants are doing well. They give the garden some fresh color late in the season and the bees really love them.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Reply to
gregpresley