Carnivorous plants

Page 1 of 2
What kind of carnivorous plant are hermles to domestice house animals like dogs and cats. I wanted to start a venus flytrap garden in an aquarium and was afraid of what it may do to my cat or dog. What if the animals ate the plants?? Thank you VERY much George
Add pictures here
βœ–
Is this supposed to be a lame attempt at being humorous? I really can't believe that there would be anybody out there that naive.
There are no carnivorous plants that would be harmful to pets.
Do a google search on carnivorous plants and see the many websites on the subject.

Add pictures here
βœ–

did you read the post?
http://www.google.com/search?q Κrnivorous+plant+toxicity might be of help george.
--
be safe.
flip

Add pictures here
βœ–
If the dude is growing the plants in an aquarium, how in the heck would the animals be able to get to them to eat them in the first place?
If only there actually were plants that could eat pets (and people), the world would most certainly be a better place!!!
Got to get me an Audrey2 too!!!

Add pictures here
βœ–
Have you never heard of pets knocking things over and sampling the flavors thereof? Granted a Yorkie probably couldn't do it but a German Shepperd or even a good sized mixed breed woud have no problem. Especially were they playing with the resident cat. Even a cat could knock over a large heavy object if the cat were one of the heavier ones. Not to mention a cat could easily climb into the terrarium (yes even with a lid on it) and there by sample a few plants.

animals
Add pictures here
βœ–
How sad that you have no faith in a person's ability to train their pets to behave.
Dogs may be the morons of the pet world but they can be trained to behave themselves.
Cats have enough sense not to go poking around into a smelly wet terrarium full of plants.
Kids are far more likely to be the ones to mess with the terrarium.

an
if
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ha ha ha ha ha, that is probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I'm sorry, have you ever been owned by a cat?
Curiosity killed the cat - and in my Max's case, didn't kill him, but got his furry tail singed by a candle on the bathroom counter - he just had to look out the window didn't he ;-)

Add pictures here
βœ–
As a responsible pet owner, or owned by a pet which is more likely, I've never left an unattended candle anywhere in the house unless I was in the same room.
opined:

Add pictures here
βœ–

How did you know she wasn't in there? It's rude to peer in through other posters' bathroom windows to see what they're doing in there.
Janet.
Add pictures here
βœ–
opined:

Unlike you I don't take things personally. I was making a statement on how I make use of candles with regard to my pets. As for peering into her bathroom, "huh" is all I can come up with.
I no longer burn candles. I now have a parrot.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I don't take your observation personally :-) This was actually the first week we had Max and he was busy getting to know the house. I was home, candle in the bathroom and he came waltzing out into the kitchen w/what looked like poo on the tip of his tail - I was like, great, I adopted a positively sloppy cat-box habit cat - then I got closer and could smell the singed fur.
Luckily kitty did not go up in flames, he doesn't do counter things anymore - unless it has to do w/chicken or dried flowers or easter basket grass or presents w/ribbon or, or, or, :-)
LeeAnne

never
room.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I never meant it to be a slam on you, so glad you didn't take it that way. I lost my kitty "Nermal" to a fire. It was the devastation of my life. I no longer leave candles anywhere in the house unless I'm there, but as I said it's not an issue any more. Candles and birds are not companions. Their little lungs are delicate. They are probably much hardier than they say in all the literature, but I'd rather stay on the safe side.
Glad your kitty was none the worse for wear.
opined:

Add pictures here
βœ–

the
Thank God there are people like you who always stick their feet in their mouths. Thats what makes THIS world a better place.
Fito
Add pictures here
βœ–
My friend had a swimming pool once with a "Creepy Crawley" vacuum-cleaner installed. It would venture forth from the pool at nights and consume the odd wayward cat and dog, and make a mess of the Peony patch. Indeed, if the windows of the house were left open on hot humid summer nights it would apply itself to the feverish bodies of the guests in the most untoward fashion, to the delight of everyone.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:26:04 +1100, "Peter Jason"

YES! YES! the fabulous estate of Edward Gorey, sorely missed!
hermine
Add pictures here
βœ–

the
Yes, kindred spirit. But we have our innocent memories for consolation...!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–
Yeah, Fido?
Watch out or I just might just might use that foot to kick your fat baboon ass!
Is that where your wannabe monkey brain is too?
Sending you off to Iraq would make this world a better place.

Add pictures here
βœ–

You cant be serious with that response. "Fat baboon ass"? "Monkey brain"? Was the school bell about to ring and you couldnt think of anything else? Good comeback.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Where you been hiding, monkey boy? Or should I say Mr. Peepers?
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/1057/MrPeepers.html
Its been so long since I posted that that I gave you up for lost.
Was almost ready to have your monkey face posted on milk cartons!!!

baboon
Add pictures here
βœ–