Cantaloupes Lacking Sweetness ???

This was my first season growing muskmelons and I decided on Hale's Best. My crop was good averaging five melons per plant BUT in my opinion, the melons could have been a whole lot sweeter. I'm not sure if I chose to grow the right mellon or if there is something I could have done to improve the sweetness of the fruit. Next year I will also grow Honey Rock and Super Star which is a hybrid. Any advice or ideas on growing good sweet muskmelons? My soil was well fertilized and amended with compost. Used soaker hoses and gave plants 1 1/2" of water weekly.
Rich from PA Zone 5-6
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

sweet. I've had good luck with Ambrosia, Crenshaws and Minnesota Midget.