Canna Tiki Torch

-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR

Bishop's Car Fund
Writers Shop
Buyers FAQ

Starlord

beautiful! lee.

Reply to
Lee

Found this at the site: My name is Dennis Bishop, I am a partly disabled Vietnam Vet (30%). I live on a fixed monthly income that is made up of VA payment and SDI payment. This is just enough to allow me to pay my rent, and other bills and to get what food supplys I can during the month.

I live in a small trailer park in Rosamond, CA. and to reach the one super market in town, I eather have to walk the 5 miles each way, or try to catch a ride with someone as I have No Car.

In order to get a good car, one which can pass smog and I can get tags for, I need at lest $500.00. Car prices out here are high.

So any Donations, be they big or small, to help me reach the goal of buying a good car, can be sent to:

Dennis Bishop

470 20th ST West #23 Rosamond, CA. 93560

************************************************* Found this at another site: Mr.Dennis Bishop's Profile » Amateur photographer » Member since Sat, 17 Aug 2002 » Gallery Last Name: Bishop First Name: Dennis Zodiac Sign: Not specified. Birthday: Email: snipped-for-privacy@inreach.com Website: - City, State, Zip: Rosamond, CA,93560 Country: United States Yahoo Login: Primary Camera: Topcon Super D Personal Bio/Comments: Have been using a carmea for ages. Have won the 1997 ADS Photo contest too.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Kind of looks just like Robert Kemp to me.

What's the difference?

Bob H

"Starlord" wrote in message = news:DKfXa.182$ snipped-for-privacy@news.inreach.com... :

Bob H

Who or what is Robet Kemp?

This canna was found growing by itself on the lands of an old empty homestead on Oahu Hawaii, I saved seeds and dug rhizomes from the site, then during the class

5 Hurricane that hit Hawaii, a landslide covered the site with a few million tons of rock and dirt, you can't even get back to the site anymore, I tried. I've been growing the seeds and the rhizomes since. This place was back in the hills, no one had lived there for 60 to 70 years, house was all but destroyed by the time I found the place on a walk along an old path. There where no other canna's growing anywhere near the place, the canna where living on the rain fall water they got.

So as the finder of it, and not seeing any other canna just like it on the market, I've named it and now this one canna seller is selling it for me.

-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

What's the difference?

Bob H

Reply to
Starlord

I bought canna: Robert Kemp from Karchesky this past spring. You can = find it on their site in the alphabetic list. It's a variety that has = been around for along time. I think it was first hybridized in the late =

1800's.

The background on the Tiki sounds really interesting. They should put = that on the webpage. Could it be possible that the original = homesteaders had brought R. Kemp with them planted it there?

Bob

"Starlord" wrote in message = news:JMPXa.230$ snipped-for-privacy@news.inreach.com... : Who or what is Robet Kemp? :=20 : This canna was found growing by itself on the lands of an old empty = homestead on : Oahu Hawaii, I saved seeds and dug rhizomes from the site, then during = the class : 5 Hurricane that hit Hawaii, a landslide covered the site with a few = million : tons of rock and dirt, you can't even get back to the site anymore, I = tried. : I've been growing the seeds and the rhizomes since. This place was = back in the : hills, no one had lived there for 60 to 70 years, house was all but = destroyed by : the time I found the place on a walk along an old path. There where no = other : canna's growing anywhere near the place, the canna where living on the = rain fall : water they got. :=20 : So as the finder of it, and not seeing any other canna just like it on = the : market, I've named it and now this one canna seller is selling it for = me. :=20 :=20 :=20 : -- : "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening : towards an east that would not know another dawn. : But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning : lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day = go : again." :=20 : Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars :=20 : SIAR :

: Bishop's Car Fund :
Freelance Writers Shop :
Telescope Buyers FAQ :
"Bob H" wrote in message : news:kJGXa.68732$YN5.51395@sccrnsc01... : Kind of looks just like Robert Kemp to me. :=20 : What's the difference? :=20 : Bob H :=20 :=20 :=20 :