Canna Question

Last fall Hubby dug up, with lots of soil around it, our President canna. It stayed under the house til 2 weeks ago. We brought it in to give it a good headstart on growing. It goes outside during the day and back in overnight. Instead of 1 or 2 spikes coming up, there are 12 or 13, now with leaves about 6 - 8 inches high.

My question is, are they all their own separate bulbs that I can separate? I was thinking of washing all the soil off and seeing what is there. Or does someone know if they are all shoots off the same bulb? I would love to have all these to decorate the yard with, but not at the expense of killing them. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Nanzi

stayed under the house til

goes outside during the day and

with leaves about 6 - 8 inches high.

was thinking of washing all the

shoots off the same bulb? I would

killing them.

If you google "separate canna" they have lots of answers.

Reply to
F Murtz

Holy Crap am I gonna have a bunch of Cannas this year!! Planning on doing this today, thanks for the suggestion, I don't know why I didn't go there first. Duh!

Reply to
Nanzi

We came out with 9 cannas after I separated them. Planted them in a big plastic bin to keep growing, and coming inside if necessary due to cold nights. I can't wait to see them all growing and blooming. Hope to do the same thing next year and give a lot of them away!!

Reply to
Nanzi