Canna Question

Last fall Hubby dug up, with lots of soil around it, our President canna. It stayed under the house til 2 weeks ago. We brought it in to give it a good headstart on growing. It goes outside during the day and back in overnight. Instead of 1 or 2 spikes coming up, there are 12 or 13, now with leaves about 6 - 8 inches high.
My question is, are they all their own separate bulbs that I can separate? I was thinking of washing all the soil off and seeing what is there. Or does someone know if they are all shoots off the same bulb? I would love to have all these to decorate the yard with, but not at the expense of killing them. Thanks for the help.
Nanzi wrote:

If you google "separate canna" they have lots of answers.
Holy Crap am I gonna have a bunch of Cannas this year!! Planning on doing this today, thanks for the suggestion, I don't know why I didn't go there first. Duh!
We came out with 9 cannas after I separated them. Planted them in a big plastic bin to keep growing, and coming inside if necessary due to cold nights. I can't wait to see them all growing and blooming. Hope to do the same thing next year and give a lot of them away!!