Canna lilies

Does it make any difference to "deadhead" the blooms of these lilies ? Does it promote new blooms ? I remove the wilted blooms, but should I also cut off the seed like buds in which the blooms are embedded ? Hope I make sense ? Thanks !

Mine seem to produce more and larger flowers when the old blooms and seed pods are cut off regularly.
I nip mine off, and I "think" they are a bit more prolific that way. If not, they all look better with them off anyway;-)
Speaking of cannas, I only had a whole lot of yellow ones, until last year, when I bought a really pretty rosy-peach colored one. It's really nice!
Myrl Jeffcoat http://www.myrljeffcoat.com
First of all canna are NOT lilies, and once the blooms are spent, if your not going to collect the seeds you can cut the stalk off down bellow the flower head and the stalk with leaves will keep on feeding the rhazome for the next stalk that'll grow with it's blooms on it.

Telescope Buyers FAQ

It's hopeless. Even the vendors keep using that name on their packaging. Same subspecies that says "walleyed pike", a fish which does not exist.