Canary Island Date Palm

Just received some Canary Island Date Palm seeds as a gift and would like to hear from anyone who has grown these from seed before. I plan to sow them indoors as I'm in the UK. What's the best type of compost to use, how deep do they need to be, what temp, can they germinate in a dark airing cupboard, how long do they take to germinate etc?
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
--
Blairadamwitch

I think microelements are important for that tree. I used to care for palms.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.