Can you identify the shrub?

Afternoon,
My first post here.
I'm looking to move house but have this shrub at the bottom of my garden that I really like.
Could anyone let me know whats its called?
Thanks
[image:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/matdex/IMG_5030.jpg]
[image:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/matdex/IMG_5031.jpg]
--
mdex

On 6/23/2009 6:30 AM, mdex wrote:

I don't know what it is, but I can easily tell why you want to keep it. Does it have any fragrance?
If you are renting, the plant belongs to your landlord and cannot be moved.
If you are selling, make sure your sales contract allows you to remove plants from the landscape. When you sell a house, certain interior "fixtures" are generally included, such as cabinets, dishwasher, ceiling light fixtures, and carpets. Exterior "fixtures" are also included, such as outdoor lighting. The exterior "fixtures" might also include the landscaping but generally not plants in pots and other containers.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

mock orange. it's one of my favorites too. lee
On 6/23/2009 8:25 AM, enigma wrote:

It's not the mock orange that I'm used to -- Pittosporum tobira. However, there are other, unrelated plants also called mock orange. One group is the various species of Philadelphus, which I've never seen other than in pictures.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

no, it certainly isn't :) i've never seen *that* mock orange, but then, it won't grow up here...

yes, Philadelphus sp. it looks like he has one with double flowers. i just bought one, not realizing it was a double flowering type. the single flowers are much more fragrant. lee
mdex;852849 Wrote: > Hmmm, i've taken a look at some other pictures of mock orange and they > are similar but not the same of the one I have but as you say there are > many different species of which this may be one?
Hi everyone
My first post here too, although I've been gardening for about 20 years. Looks like an excellent site. I'd say it's mock orange as well - Philadelphus species, possibly virginalis because it seems to have the flowers in groups of 3. Single ones have a better fragrance, but the doubles are more impressive. Also available in variegated forms.
--
FuchsiaLover

enigma;852728 Wrote: >

Thanks Enigma.