Can you ID this rototiller?

PHOTO URL:

recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.

It runs, but the throttle cable is mostly missing, so it is not fully controllable right now.

The engine is a Briggs, but I don't believe the carburetor is the original.

I want to be able to get this set up and adjusted to use for my gardening.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

William Miller, AS-EET snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

repair microwave display boards by mail - $32.50 most cases

Reply to
MicrowaveDisplay.com

Might be a Troy-Bilt - they were one of the few (if not only) manufacturers of rear-tine tillers for a long while.

- Dennis Brothers

Reply to
Dennis Brothers

Looks like a Snapper to me.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Doesn't look like a Troybilt. Might be an old Craftsman.

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
tom&sue

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors! They merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would guess the age as mid/late 60's Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Don't you have Toro and Troybilt confused ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Probably! After I think about it MTD owns Troy-Built. Toro sucked up Wheel Horse a few years back. At any rate at the time that tiller was built, all of them were competitors! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I have several photos of the carburetor at

can reply via the e-mail link at that page. Thanks for the help!

Reply to
MicrowaveDisplay.com