can you force an oriental lily without pre-chilling?

Thanks! "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
yes. Jackson & Perkins did because Lowes has pots of white, pink, red and orange forced lilies in pots that I'm about to buy for .75 each (three bulbs in each pot)because all I need to do is add some bulb food into the hole when I plug these sprouted bulbs into the ground and next year they'll return and bloom at normal time. I'd say put them in the fridge for a week (no ripening fruit in with them) and then pot them up, put them in a warm place and stand back. (((hug)))) maddie

Caryn, it can be done, but it is not quite as simple as forcing spring flowering bulbs, as lilies don't require a winter dormancy or chilling period anyway. Here is a link thay may help - good luck! I always wanted to have fresh Casa Blanca blossoms for the holidays, but they are ridiculously expensive.....maybe I should give this a try........
http://www.umass.edu/umext/floriculture/fact_sheets/specific_crops/lily.html
pam - gardengal