Can we still plant...

gladiolus bulbs in planting zone 5 and expect them to bloom this year or do they have to be planted in the fall?

If not, is there any types of bulbs that can still be planted that will bloom this year?

TIA Don (on my way to the "bulb" store)

Reply to
Donald Gares

Plant now, they'll bloom this year.

Lilies maybe.

Reply to
Tom Randy

I think it's too early in your zone to plant glads now. Wait till all danger of frost is over, then plant them every two weeks for continuous blooming. You can plant many different tubers, bulbs and corms for this year. Asiatic lilies, daylilies, dahlia's, tuberoses, crocosmia, caladiums, fall blooming crocus, and many others.

escape

Thanks for the names of the other tubers, corms, and bulbs that will still bloom this year, it was appreciated. It may be a bit early right now but by the time we actually get them planted we should be all right. :-)

Don

escape wrote:

Reply to
Donald Gares