Can someone suggest what to do about this hedge...is it dead?

Hello

Our property borders a farmyard and along one edge grows some sort o evergreen conifer hedge about 7 feet tall...some of it is as green a could be and has a lot of new season growth showing, but part o it...in the middle and about 7 or 8 feet in length appears to be if no dead, then certainly unwell...it is all brown and shows no new growt this season.

I wonder what has caused it (run off from farmyard?) and how to breat new life into it.

I have tried to attach a picture with this post so you can all see wha I mean but I am not sure if I have pressed the right buttons, if th picture does not appear I would still appreciate your advice.

Hmm still cannot see picture after reviewing thread, but it can be see at this link...I think?

thanks

edenworkshop

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: conhedge.jpg |Download:
edenworkshops

groups. Try posting to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

Reply to
Travis

As I understand it the brown branches are in the middle of the hedge where no sun can reach. Is that correct? If so, that is very normal for conifers. The only parts that will show life are the outer most branches that can reach the sun. If you are talking about branches that have access to the sun then that is another kettle of fish. Gary

Reply to
Compost Nut

Mister Compost Nut you cut off my response to the OP but you left my name and you make it look like I am the OP.

My response to the OP was that this is not a binary group and that may be why the picture he attached did not show up.

Reply to
Travis

Hey, sorry Travis. I see what you mean...oops. It was not intentional. I'm now thinking I should respond to the first post and not subsequent ones as I did. That should keep things straight. Gary

Reply to
Compost Nut

As I understand it the brown branches are in the middle of the

hedge where no sun can reach. Is that correct? If so, that is very normal for conifers. The only parts that will show life are the outer most branches that can reach the sun. If you are talking about branches that have access to the sun then that is another kettle of fish.

Well I guess it is another kettle of fish then Gary....the hedge i about 30 feet long in total and gets sun from sunrise to about 4pm...2 feet of the hedge appears to be healthy you can see from the picture, large chunk of it seems to be dead, although a very few branches at th very bottom have a few bits of growth.

Thank you for your input so far, I would appreciate some mor comments.

edenworkshop

-- edenworkshops

Reply to
edenworkshops