Can Someone Please Help :(

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i ca

see all the great pics everyone shows us. but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i trie doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost her and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( . can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them. any help is greatly appreciated:). thank you, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

In your newsreader, find the menu that you use to subscribe to a newsgroup. It should have a "filter box", a space into which you type a keyword such as "garden". Then the display should show all the newsgroups with "garden" in their names.

However, no ISP provides access to all the newgroups available, so if you can't see the one you want listed, that means your ISP just doesn't carry it. In that case, you will have to subscribe to a service such as Giganews, which gives you access to all newsgroups out there - at a price, of course. Or change ISPs.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

If you can't link to it, that means your news feed provider doesn't carry that newsgroup. If that's the case, ask kindly and maybe they'll start it just for you!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Welcome to the large world of Usenet, the net before the internet ;0)

If you have followed the advice given before me and still have no luck, then today's your luck day. You need a news server that carry "binaries", and it's hard to find free ones now'adays. Depending on which news reader that your using ( _not_ a web browser), configuring a news server will differ. If you need help with that, I'm sure one of us around here can help you with that.

Free news servers addresses:

128.230.129.222 128.230.129.223

These have binaries, do not allow posting and they are rather slow but free is free at any speed..!

Reply to
Timothy

It appears his news server doesn't carry binary groups. He'll have to get a usenet provider that does.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I have hi-speed DSL & no connect in 5 minutes - not good!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

I have a higher speed than dsl and connected just fine! Maybe Syracuse University doesn't like your connection...? Just kiding... don't know what your problem could be. Try again.

Reply to
Timothy

"sockiescat" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk

Ask your ISP how to set-up your newsreader.

Reply to
Travis M.

Sock -- Use above, either click on it or paste it into your browser. It's not as convenient as 'joining' a newsgroup but it will let you view Maddy's crocus pics. HTH

Reply to
told2b

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that can see all the great pics everyone shows us. but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i tried doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost here and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( . can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them. any help is greatly appreciated:). thank you, sockiescat.

-- sockiescat

Sock -- Use above, either click on it or paste it into you browser. It's not as convenient as 'joining' a newsgroup but it will let you view Maddy's crocus pics. HTH

thanks everyone ever so much for all your help. i tried the link that posted here told2b and managed to find a server thing on one of th pages there that had the alt.binaries.picture.gardens address in th search section i put madgardener after the search name and did manag to see maddies pics. thanks for the link it worked hurrrahhhh:). i also took down all of the information about the isp numbers an everything else that everyone mentioned for me to do so that if i ge lost one way i will find another way;) thanks to all the help from great group of people. again thanks everyone. hugsssss to all sockiescat:):):):)

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat