Can Someone Please Help :(

i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that i ca
see all the great pics everyone shows us. but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i trie doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost her and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( . can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them. any help is greatly appreciated:). thank you, sockiescat
-- sockiescat
sockiescat wrote:

In your newsreader, find the menu that you use to subscribe to a newsgroup. It should have a "filter box", a space into which you type a keyword such as "garden". Then the display should show all the newsgroups with "garden" in their names.
However, no ISP provides access to all the newgroups available, so if you can't see the one you want listed, that means your ISP just doesn't carry it. In that case, you will have to subscribe to a service such as Giganews, which gives you access to all newsgroups out there - at a price, of course. Or change ISPs.
HTH
snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca says...

It appears his news server doesn't carry binary groups. He'll have to get a usenet provider that does.
        Bill

If you can't link to it, that means your news feed provider doesn't carry that newsgroup. If that's the case, ask kindly and maybe they'll start it just for you!!
Tom J
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:53:35 +0000, sockiescat wrote:

Welcome to the large world of Usenet, the net before the internet ;0)
If you have followed the advice given before me and still have no luck, then today's your luck day. You need a news server that carry "binaries", and it's hard to find free ones now'adays. Depending on which news reader that your using ( _not_ a web browser), configuring a news server will differ. If you need help with that, I'm sure one of us around here can help you with that.
Free news servers addresses:
128.230.129.222 128.230.129.223
These have binaries, do not allow posting and they are rather slow but free is free at any speed..!
--
http://resources.ywgc.com

I have hi-speed DSL & no connect in 5 minutes - not good!
Tom J
On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 03:53:45 +0000, Tom J wrote:

I have a higher speed than dsl and connected just fine! Maybe Syracuse University doesn't like your connection...? Just kiding... don't know what your problem could be. Try again.
--
http://resources.ywgc.com

message

Ask your ISP how to set-up your newsreader.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

sockiescat wrote:

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.html
Hi Sock -- Use above, either click on it or paste it into your browser. It's not as convenient as 'joining' a newsgroup but it will let you view Maddy's crocus pics. HTH
told2b sockiescat wrote:
i keep trying to find this "alt.binaries.pictures.gardens" so that can see all the great pics everyone shows us. but i dont know what it is or what it means or where to go. i tried doing a search on google and other places but i am soooooo lost here and missing seeing all the beautiful pictures :'( . can someone please help me and tell me where to go so i can see them. any help is greatly appreciated:). thank you, sockiescat.
-- sockiescat
http://tinyurl.com/7b4ls
Hi Sock -- Use above, either click on it or paste it into you browser. It's not as convenient as 'joining' a newsgroup but it will let you view Maddy's crocus pics. HTH
thanks everyone ever so much for all your help. i tried the link that posted here told2b and managed to find a server thing on one of th pages there that had the alt.binaries.picture.gardens address in th search section i put madgardener after the search name and did manag to see maddies pics. thanks for the link it worked hurrrahhhh:). i also took down all of the information about the isp numbers an everything else that everyone mentioned for me to do so that if i ge lost one way i will find another way;) thanks to all the help from great group of people. again thanks everyone. hugsssss to all sockiescat:):):):)
-- sockiescat