Can someone help a beginner in gardening?

i want to buy some new tools to maintain my garden, i want to get a new

garden trimmer and i have no idea how to use it, the last time i brough one it broke and i had no idea why, there was this plastic thing on som parts and it fell off, since then the thing has not worked.

my garden is in desprate need of trimming and cutting and i am goign t buy new tools very soon, i can't afford to hire someone else to cut i so i have to do it myself.

i tried to look at the instruction but they didn't make sense so i anyone out there has had problem with garden trimmers i woul appricaite your help

-- jalaneme

Reply to
jalaneme

Check your yellow pages and find a store that sells just mowers and other powered garden tools. Buy your trimmer there, and they'll show you how to deal with the stuff that's not clear in the instruction manual.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

What's a "garden trimmer?"

Reply to
Vox Humana

"Vox Humana" wrote in news:XSrFe.40292$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

It is slang for water buffalo. She/he must have gotten a gelded one. ("Plastic thing" - also slang)

Reply to
Salty Thumb

I will assume your "garden trimmer" is a string trimmer. For all but the most inexpensive ones the entire cutting head that holds the string is replaceable for about 20$ US at a good repair and sales shop. Parts are also available for the lower end ones but you would have to mail order them.

Reply to
bamboo

Several very useful, but relatively unkown, garden tools are identified on the World of Weeds website

The selection includes several tools that are not found in hardware stores and can only be purchased directly from manufacturers on the web.

You will also find the largest list of weed removal tools, weed pullers and weed twisters anywhere on the web.

_______ EWIRM: If you stand still long enough, weeds will grow between your toes.

Reply to
raycruzer

i come from the UK and as reparing things is so expensive i might a well get a new one, in this case thats what i am doing

-- jalaneme

Reply to
jalaneme

when i meant garden trimmer i meant 'grass trimmer' i don't think w have buffalo in the UK lo

-- jalaneme

Reply to
jalaneme