Can I put sod between flagstones on patio?

I'm tired of semi acceptable, uneven grass, and weeds look even worse between the flagstones on my patio. I tried creeping thyme but don't have quite enough sun and didn't get the plush look I wanted. I recently saw sod applied between stones on an HGTV show and wonder if that grass look would be a practical and beautiful alternative. If yes, I am in Zone 6. When should it be done...now in the Fall or would it be better to wait till Spring?
Ideas/comments appreciated! Sandra in PA
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says... :) I'm tired of semi acceptable, uneven grass, and weeds look even worse :) between the flagstones on my patio. I tried creeping thyme but don't :) have quite enough sun and didn't get the plush look I wanted. I :) recently saw sod applied between stones on an HGTV show and wonder if :) that grass look would be a practical and beautiful alternative. If yes, :) I am in Zone 6. When should it be done...now in the Fall or would it be :) better to wait till Spring? :) :) Ideas/comments appreciated! :) Sandra in PA :) :) you might look into an alternative of corsican mint..had a customer that had it in her garden..neat stuff
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

If you don't have enough sun for the thyme you probably don't have enough for grass.

USDA Zone 8