Can I plant carrots and stuff for winter crops now?

When to plant carrots, beets, turnips, etc. for fall winter crops? Is it still too early in the season?
On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 09:16:29 -0700, "Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote:

Gotta list your zone, man. Answer different for Texas or Alaska <g>.
Persephone
<Persephone> wrote in message > On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 09:16:29 -0700, "Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal

Haha, I'm sorry - I naturally assume everyone knows where I love LOL.
Lebanon, Oregon. 20 miles south of Salem, Oregon. Mid Wilammette valley. Zip 97355. Not really sure what our zone is. Around here, summer heat sometimes ends at the end of August, or it can hit 100 the first week of Sept.
Matthew Reed wrote:

Plant now. For carrots, I would even have planted 2-3 wks ago. Right now in Michigan I am planting only the really short season stuff, bok choi and kale.
In eastern North Carolina, right now.
"Matthew Reed" <nospam at zootal dot com nospam> wrote in message
When to plant carrots, beets, turnips, etc. for fall winter crops? Is it still too early in the season?

Dude, you are in Zone 6 !