Can anyone identify this grass?

Fairly distinctive, but I can't see it in any of my books/mags...
http://static.flickr.com/26/44748638_863916dcb9_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/26/44748638_863916dcb9_o.jpg
Thanks,
Mike
mikey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk says...

As someone pointed out to me earliar, it's nutsedge. A nasty weed. Kill it quick before it spreads. Make sure you dig up every bit of root or it will be back.
        Bill

I did think it was a Cyperus or Papyrus variety ... not sure its the nutsedge though ...
Also I realised that the second link which should have linked to a close up of the seedhead, was just a copy of the first...doh!
Should have been ...
http://static.flickr.com/30/44748610_4a0a9334dc_o.jpg
Comparing these with pictures of yellow or purple nutsedge Cyperus Esculentus or Cyperus Rotundus reveal that the seedheads don't quite match up...
Any more ideas?
It grows about 18-24'' high, was bought as a specific variety here in UK with a latin name as long as your arm (subsequently lost, hence the post) & yes it does self seed pretty freely so could be invasive .... eek!
Thanks
Mikey said:

I'm pretty sure it's a Cyperus spp. (based on my identificaton guide).
But one website I cruised through said, "The genus Cyperus is immediately recognizable, but determination to species often requires minute dissection to examine the mature achenes."

...thats what I'm finding...according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyperus, about 600 species ...groan!
You may find the Virginia Tech Grass Weed key useful, as well as the Purdue University Turfgrass Identification Tool. The University of California also posts the UC Guide to Healthy Lawns identification key to weeds in turfgrass. BASF also provides a Weed ID Guide for Grassy Weeds. You can find links to these and other online plant ID databases on Ergonica World of Weeds EWIRM.
_______ EWIRM: One good weed deserves another.