Can anyone ID this insect for me?

These critters -- about half an inch long -- have been all over my Austin, Texas yard and garden since last Spring. Anyone able to ID for me?
http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg
mack austin
The insect is a box elder bug (most likely) and definitely a Hemipteran. Google box elder bug and you'll get a ton of info - they are real common.
--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist

Austin,
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:07:47 GMT, "Mack McKinnon"
:) These critters -- about half an inch long -- have been all over my Austin, :) Texas yard and garden since last Spring. :) Anyone able to ID for me? :) :)
http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg
:) :) mack :) austin :) You might try looking up Bordered Plant Bug. They can be found around cotton plants and mesquite and will accumulate in numbers like box elder bugs are known for.
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
Dancing dog is back! http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv