Can aloe vera plants be grown outdoors in England Kent

I would like to add some spikey plants to my perrenial flower bed and remembered the healing qualities of aloe vera. Can they be grown in England outdors and are there a variety of options to me? I would like a flowering plant.
--
paterson00

paterson00 wrote:

Aloe vera is not a spikey plant and is not a flowering plant. It is not going to die back and go dormant in the fall. It is not a "Perennial" It can not tolerate freezing temperatures.
Derryl Killan Horticulturist.

Other than that, what's the downside?;o)
--

Billy

paterson00;791343 Wrote:

Sadly, the big fleshy aloes are frost tender, so if you do use them, you will have to have them in large pots and move them indoors in winter. They are also unlikely to flower till very large.
Have you thought of using New Zealand flax [Phormium}? It comes in many colours and sizes, and flowers when mature. It also doesn't have sharp thorns, which the aloe does have.
--
beccabunga