Cambridge Favourite

Hi again,
I am having a second crop of my strawberries (Cambridge Favourite). The fruit is quite large and healthy looking, but when I press the fruit it feels a bit squashy, and doesn't have much of a strawberry smell. The first crop in June was fine, I even made jam for the first time. Are these second crop strawberries OK to eat.
--
Greenveg

Greenveg wrote:

What do you suppose might be harmful about them?
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote: > ;938163']Greenveg wrote:-

I don't think that they are harmful. They just don't look as appealing as the first crop, and it got me wondering.
--
Greenveg

Greenveg;938066 Wrote: > Hi again,

> fruit is quite large and healthy looking, but when I press the fruit it > feels a bit squashy, and doesn't have much of a strawberry smell. The > first crop in June was fine, I even made jam for the first time. Are > these second crop strawberries OK to eat.
Hi Greenveg, yes, they will be fine but maybe not as much flavour as the june crop ? Try sprinkling them with some balsamic vinegar, it will maximise the flavour.
Lannerman.
--
lannerman

lannerman;938380 Wrote: > Hi Greenveg, yes, they will be fine but maybe not as much flavour as the > june crop ? Try sprinkling them with some balsamic vinegar, it will > maximise the flavour.

I decided to make jam with them, and when they started to boil, the aroma of the strawberries came through. Thanks.
--
Greenveg