Cambridge Favourite

Hi again,

I am having a second crop of my strawberries (Cambridge Favourite). The fruit is quite large and healthy looking, but when I press the fruit it feels a bit squashy, and doesn't have much of a strawberry smell. The first crop in June was fine, I even made jam for the first time. Are these second crop strawberries OK to eat.

Reply to
Greenveg

What do you suppose might be harmful about them?

David Hare-Scott

I don't think that they are harmful. They just don't look as appealing as the first crop, and it got me wondering.

Reply to
Greenveg

Hi Greenveg, yes, they will be fine but maybe not as much flavour as the june crop ? Try sprinkling them with some balsamic vinegar, it will maximise the flavour.

Lannerman.

Reply to
lannerman

I decided to make jam with them, and when they started to boil, the aroma of the strawberries came through. Thanks.

Reply to
Greenveg