Calla lily revival

Last Mother's Day, my 4 y.o. son's preschool had them all plant a calla lily for their moms which, amazingly, were timed perfectly to bloom right on Mother's day. Well, mine did anyway. I was very impressed and it was really nice.

However... I have a black thumb and I have seriously neglected the plant since then. I really want to transplant it (it's in a rather small pot) and help it thrive - especially given it's origin, I would hate to let it die. I live in FL so I guess it could be an outside plant but I was thinking of transplanting it and making it a houseplant. I just really don't know what I need to do though.

Now, I do know they are supposed to have a dormant period. So I thought maybe I should just clip off the leaves (that are mostly dead and brown anyway) and put it in the dark for awhile then bring it out and find a good spot for it to live. I was rather hoping someone here could give me more specifics on how to bring this thing back (or if it's hopeless) and also what sort of spot I should be finding for it. Also, would I transplant it to a bigger pot before letting it be dormant or after? How long should it be dormant etc. I just really have no clue. Thanks a bunch (in advance) for any input you may have.

Rose

Reply to
Rose Bingham

you Google your question(s) you will get hundreds of sites you can explore. HTH

Reply to
Twobtold