California gardening?

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:19:20 -0700, Persephone wrote:

I have no idea what you just cryptically tried to say. I am from New York where I lived on the ocean, which is where my mother lives to this day and I wouldn't move back up there for any reason. Austin is a hip, young city and its older croud are not put out to pasture. It's a place full of retired people who think young and are vibrant.
So, please explain in English what you are trying to say.

Texas produced Baby Bush. Figure it out.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Oh, well no wonder I didn't get it. Baby Bush is born and raised in Connecticut where he attended grade school and uppity high school. He's the only one in his family with that dumb accent.

It was in English, but perhaps a little too subtle for vous.
On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:33:16 -0700, Persephone wrote:

Not coherent English. Not subtle. Cryptic.
I lived all over California. For relaxed living at "reasonable" prices, consider the foothils, roughly along Hy 49, the old Goldrush Country. From Grass Valley to Mariposa. Around 2000 feet altitude. The Valley is very hot in summer and very foggy in winter. The coast is cool/cold in summer and mild in winter.
Look for the cost of real estate, in all locations, on Realtor.com
Keep in mind that you lose 3.5 degrees temperature for every 1000 feet elevation and 1.5 degrees for every 100 miles of latitude. (A huge difference between San Francisco and San Diego, and between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe)
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

CA is a place you retire FROM. Unless your a multi=millionaire. Very high prices, high taxes, high prices, and the people suck. If you may be sending kids to school, they'll become idiots. It's the land of being Politically Correct. I would go to the NW - Or, WA. ID. Up state NY is very nice (buy a 4-wheel jeep). But CA would be my last choice. I live in San Diego, CA.

San Diego, a Navy city, a Republican City. California's version of red-necks. Cops pack 45s. Their Representative "Duke" Cunningham was just sentenced for selling defense contracts and the Fee Bees are looking at the city to find out where the civil retirement funds went to. The airport is a lot of fun too. Your plane will drop down among the high rises before it lands. Exciting stuff. On the other hand, if you are just passing through, there is Africa USA, the San Diego Zoo, promenades along long sandy beaches and, a little place I like to call Mexico.
There are good people who live there like my brother-in-law and my brother lives just to the north. But then he is ex-marine (if there is such a thing) and an ex-cop, so it kind of figures. He grows bananas in his garden. No, not goes but, grows bananas.
Bob should take-up surfing and relax.
To the North East is Idyllwild, a community high in a pine forest, overlooking Palms Springs and some serious desert.
As you move north in California, there is more and more of live and let be attitude, until you get to us tree huggers.
- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum