Cactus Seed Question

Can I start cactus seed in plastic tea cups? Will the tea cups be deep enough for the root system for awhile, like a year or so? I plan to drill drainage holes in the tea cups.
Shell

It should work. I've started cactus seeds in shallow terra cotta pots (1.5" deep) and protected the seeds with a piece of glass. After the plants emerge, transplant to individual pots.