Cactus and Weeds

Hi, We recently put some cactus in a rock landscaped yard and they are doing quite well. The problem is that there are weeds coming up and I am not sure if there is some type of weed control that won't disturb the cactus. Possible something organic? Thank you, Beverly
On Fri, 5 May 2006 15:29:37 -0700, "Beverly"

My personal method is to pull out the weeds by hand after a soaking rain. My second choice is to use a hoe. You could make a shroud from an empty plastic gallon jug, surround the weed, and spray it with RoundUp.
I have also used my weed twister to pull out weeds lodged between thorny cacti and other plants. The weed twister from Ergonica has a coil width of about 2 inches. This allows for more precise weeding than with other tools such as hoes with wider blades. There are also a few other tools for weeding with precise dimensions.
Yup. In my experience (Phoenix, 10a) there's nothing for it but pullin 'em up. Eventally they won't come back, but it takes a little patience.