Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics

Does anyone know anything about propogating cacti and succulents and lithops from seed? I know these plants grow slowly, what I don't know is will I be watching a pot of dirt sit there for several years before I see anything? I've got seeds for lithops, semperviums, cacti, and a couple of proteus varieties. I know the proteus will probably take a few years to bloom but I should see a plant several weeks after planting. If anyone knows of a newsgroup for desert plants please let me know. Southwestern Bell's newsgroups are less than complete.
Thanks for any and all help Shell
Check out the Cactus Mall. You will find scores of Cactus clubs and virtually anything you can think of regarding succulent plants.
http://www.cactus-mall.com /

lithops
be
Thanks I will check it out
Shell

anything?
but
I would much rather read that you have already checked it out and you found what you were looking for and much more.

proteus

lithops
I grew lithops from seed & they grew into sizeable plants in a couple of years. Not difficult; dont water until they are starting to wrinkle slightly! Very sandy gritty compost.
Harvey
I know these plants grow slowly, what I don't know is will I be