Buying Redwoods ?

Where is the best place to buy little Redwood trees in 15gal containers? I am in the SF Bay area and would not mind driving a little.

Cheers, Shawn

PS: What is the best way to carry them in the back of a pickup--assuming highway speed?

Reply to
RimaNeas

No idea sorry I live far far away.

So that the branches and leaves do not whip about in the wind, a few miles exposed to the wind at high speed and the leaves will be shredded. Depending on the height it may be best to bag the container or stuff the top with something to stop the soil coming out and to lay them down under cover. Restrained so they don't bounce or roll all over the place no damage should happen to the plant if they lay sideways for the duration of a day trip.

David Hare-Scott

There should be many sources in the Bay Area, depending on how many you want, any nursery should be able to get them or if you need a lot google for wholesale nurseries, many will sell to you if you buy enough and they would be less expensive.

Transporting in a pickup more than a couple of miles or at freeway speeds I would lay them flat (prevent from moving) and cover with a tarp. If you have to carry them upright spray with an anti-transpirant such as Wilt-Pruf

Reply to
Garrapata