Bulbs Growing Now

I'm sure you get this question every fall, but I couldn't get a clean hit searching historical groups.
Bulbs we planted in early November are poking through in early December! We're in mid-Connecticut and I expect it to get much colder before it gets any warmer.
Any suggestions for protecting the tender bits?
On 2006-12-02 12:07:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net said:

Don't worry about it. As long as the flower buds don't come up you're fine.

No need... they'll figure it out themselves. <g>
You may get some browned leaf tips in the spring, but the flower buds are still down in the bulb with most bulbs.
If you get a cold, dry, not-very -snowy winter, consider shoveling some snow on top of them (just a few inches) when there is snow on the ground.
Kay

Well the little bit of growth they are making is making them stronger and showing you that they have developed a root system. No need for worry. A top dressing of sifted compost won't hurt. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote: