bulbs deer won't eat

Other than daffodils, what other bulbs produce growth that deer won't eat? I want to naturalize an area in my back yard, which borders a woods overfilled with deer.

Alan

Reply to
nobody

The deer didn't bother my crocuses at all, two years in a row. Your mileage may vary, and it probably will.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

daylilies make most lists of deer resistant plants. I got some several weeks ago from

very nice folks and most helpful helping me pick varieties within a budget, The plants didn't even wilt when I planted them!

I think some of the on-line nurseries have selections of deer resistant plants listed, greenwood, etc.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Don't count on it. The deer ate the buds on mine when they were just beginning to show color through the green. I ended up having to cage the remaining few with chicken wire.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They come to the sweet smell, and they eat anything sweet that doesn't hurt their tongue.

Reply to
hob

The deer in my woods must not be reading those lists :( They seem to like my daylilies better than anything else I offer them.

Reply to
Newsreader

Reply to
bamboo

This may or may not help you, but when the rabbits ate my cabbage plants as fast as I could plant them, I alternated a clove of garlic between each plant. Haven't lost any since then and that has been about 7 years ago.

You might try it in your flower bed. You will get something good from them and they are good for your roses (at least that is what my Companion Gardening book says).

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne