Bulb Planting

Hi! When is the best time to plant tulip and daffodil bulbs in Zone

6b? TIA
Reply to
Lily

Plant your daffodils and tulips now (as soon as they are available in stores in early fall). That gives more time for the roots to gather nurishment for better blooms next spring. Be picky about the corrrect depth and spacing. Use a little bone meal (not fertilizer or manure which can rot the bulbs).

Reply to
Phisherman

Hmmm... I think I might consider storing them in the vegetable keeper drawer in the refrigerator until the middle of October. That adds to the chilling time and still gives the bulbs enough time to do their thing after planted, particularly in zone 6b.

John

Reply to
B & J

Reply to