Building Container Soil

Page 2 of 2
In article says...

I'm just quoting what I read on that Gardenweb site. I have always used compost in my mix and have read that veggies, especially tomatoes, require a layer of compost in the container to grow right. I guess the non-compost people suggest that all the nutrients in a container garden should come from fertilization. I also need to become more familiar with fertilization since I don't think I do that correctly either. I usually buy those Miracle Grow packets you mix with water and every plant but the tomatoes get the same feeding. The tomatoes get the special Miracle Grow tomato mix.