Buffalo or Blue Gramma?

Hiya, I'm looking to replace a fescue lawn in NM with either Buffalo Grass (Legacy or Prestige) or Blue Gramma (Hachita). I'm in a bit of a quandry as the gramma will grow better in my soil but I've heard it's a bit "hard" for lack of a better term. I've got a dog and I'd like to be able to take a stroll once in a while in my barefeet. Buffalo seems to fit the bill better in that regard but is not as good a grower in sandy soils. Just wondering what any of you with the same quandry did and any recommendations? Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson