buffalo berries?

Any clue why my buffalo berries (``attracts birds'') aren't producing fruit? I have a dozen or so, in for several years, some of them pretty big by now. Central Ohio, clay soil.
The species seems to be related to the Russian Olive and Autumn Olive, and the latter grows like a weed (but without much fruit) and the former thrives for about a month and then dies, if that's any clue.
Elderberry and Native Plum and Sand Cherry and Virginia Cherry do fine, so the catalog wasn't a complete bust.
Ron Hardin