Brown thumb needs help on planting apricot seeds.

We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is it possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot fruits?
Add pictures here
✖
Which Bay Area? Tampa Bay Area? Chespeake Bay Area? Galveston Bay Area?
Add pictures here
✖

Nice sig.
Add pictures here
✖

Just Google "Bay Area" you'll find San Francisco.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q šy+Area&btnG=Search
If its makes any difference we are located in the Livermore, Dublin (South Bay Area) CA.
Now this is settled, could someone offer some advice on the original request or am I in the wrong group to ask?
"We have an established apricot tree and greenhouse in the Bay Area. So is it possible to take the exiting seeds and grow more trees with apricot fruits?"
Add pictures here
✖
Which Bay Area? Tampa Bay Area? Chesapeake Bay Area? Galveston Bay Area?
Add pictures here
✖
Frank wrote:

Frank, I think you meant to write black thumb... brown thumb conjures up entirely different gardening. hehe
Add pictures here
✖

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/brown_thumb
This is what I meant but I don't know what the difference between black and brown thumb as I couldn't find "black thumb" in the dictionary.
Ok, I'm learning. Black thumb, brown thumb, green thumb and even "shorts in a twist."
Add pictures here
✖

This is a favorite dictionary... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=black+thumb
Add pictures here
✖

The taste (and fruit size, etc) of seed-grown apricots won't necessarily match the parents.
(well, that's the general answer for most plants which are customarily propagated by grafts and other vegetative means, I don't really know about apricots in particular).
You can always try it.
As for getting the seeds to sprout and grow (that is, whether they need chilling or other treatment), that too tends to vary from plant to plant (and I don't know about apricots).
Buying a small tree is probably a safer course, but it all depends on your preference.
Add pictures here
✖