Brown Spots In Yard From Dog

I am sure this question has been asked many times but. How can you keep the Dog from making brown spots in the yard ?
I've just added this thread to my watch list...should be good

the
Carefully review any contracts between the dog owner and dog. Revise them so that the dog is purely a companion animal. That is to say, take away all of its duties. <zip-zoo>

Keith Corwell wrote:

Short of paving or Astroturf? Quick cleanup of land mines might help, but dogs are going to do their thing- either learn to accept it or find a home for it where the owners understand that they've got a live animal in their care, not a toy they can turn on and off at their convenience.
P.S. I heard dogs chew and dig. You might want to be on the lookout for that too.
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:13:15 -0500, "Keith Corwell"

I decided not to be a smartalic. Daily cleanup of solid waste and hosing down (diluting) the area(s) with the hose. Best to train the dog to a designated area of the yard to make cleanup easier.

I know that's true! But I've lived in this house since 1961, and have always had a dog. A Brittany, then an Irish Setter, then another Brittany, and now a third Brittany. (Yes, I'm biased.)
If dog urine or feces damaged lawns, I would have no lawn at all. But I can not recall EVER having brown spots on my lawn.
Weeds, YES! Brown spots, NO.
When weather permits, I hose away the piles. I do nothing about urine. I have not put a penny's worth of fertilizer on my lawn for at least 20, perhaps 30, years, but I have to mow the damn thing every week. Perhaps I have the dogs to thank, or blame, for that.
vince norris

Not everyones dogs are alike :-)
I have a very small rear lawn area that is potty zone to three dogs totalling 493 lbs. That is equivalent to three adult humans using the lawn as a toilet day after day year after year in an extremely hot and humid climate. I have significant lawn problems, but with daily diligence (immediate poo pick-up and *daily* hosing in of urine, plus semi monthly detergent washing plus lime applications) I am able to maintain it fairly well.
--
Toni
South Florida USA

Make sure it has 24-hour free access to as much clean fresh water as it wants, so that its urine will be as dilute as possible, and let it pee often for the same reason. Patiently and kindly teach it to pee and defecate on command on a paved area of the garden which you can clean up/hose down. All guide dogs for the blind are trained that way using a very simple, gentle and straightforward method.
Janet.

the
Water in the urine at least daily.
There is a great discussion on this at: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/plantanswers/turf/Dog_lawn_problems.html