Brown ruset apples in ontario

    Would like to ask if anyone might know where to get Russet apple trees here in ontario. The ones we had in 1960 were brownish colored, very rough skinned but great for baking and cooking. Would they survive the winter in the Lindsay, Ontario region?? Thanks very much for any replies.
Hi Tom, I don't know about Ontario, but you can order bare root trees from Raintree Nursery (Washington State, I believe). I would recommend 'Hudsons Golden Gem' as a really tasty russet.
Sherwin Dubren