Brown lawns giving you the Summer time blues?"

The text of this column is largely based on The Plant Man, dated 07/20/03, a perennial favorite among readers. Here's a second chance to see a classic column.
"There Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues." I heard that Eddie Cochran song on an oldies radio station this morning. I thought to myself, "It's the summertime BROWNS that bother most homeowners... at least when it comes to lawns!"
Every summer, I get calls or e-mails asking me what can be done to "cure" browned-out lawns. The bad and for resources and additional information, including archived columns, visit www.landsteward.org