broken pampas fronds

I have 3 pampas in my garden and this year 2 produced the feather fronds for the first time. Unfortunately high winds have broken them all. What should I do with the broken fronds - cut them back as low as I can, leave them or cut off just the tips. Any advice on what to do and when?
After the feather come sout on that stem that stem is not going top produce anything new again so its best to cut it off as close as possible to the base, so you do not add more and more mass to the base overall. All it will do is rot and fall down in the middle portion.
wrote:

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies! Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com /) she has NOT retired from helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS
You can prune it out if you find it unsightly - eventually it will rot away anyway. However, if you decide to prune it, wear the thickest shirt material or jacket you own, and thick gloves. Pampas grass has VERY sharp blades and will nick your skin in a million places given half a chance.