Breeding plants

Hey everyone i have been growing my own indoor plants for some time in my apartment and i am to the point that i woudl like to start crossbreeding my own flowers. I was wondering what would be a good flower to start with and are there any good books on the topic and what will i need to get started with. Also any other advice would be greatly appreciated thank you VERY much. Yours, Alex

Reply to
mystical_mullet_hunter

Whatever is your favorite.

Don't do it unless you have plenty of room and many years to wait for desired results.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

Bearing in mind Cereus-validu's admonition about space., one of the easiest to grow from seed is the African Violet and making your own crosses aren't difficult. Florist's Gloxinas are also realilively easy.

I suggest you Google for the home page of the African Violet Society of America and read all about growing these wonderful house plants from seed.

Hemmaholic

Reply to
Hemmaholic

Breeding Gesnerads from seed for fun and profit is not something recommended for beginners, Hemorrhoid.

How about something easier, like daylilies?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....