Braided Ficus Dying

Help, my Braided Ficus has these little whit globblets of gunk on the back of the leaf right at the point where the leaf connects to the stem. The leaves are basically all drying up and falling... can anyone give me some insight into what to do?
thanks, todd
Throw it out.
Its beyond saving now.
The leaves having secretory glands is normal.
The wholesale leaf drop is a sign that the plant is not suited to your conditions.

"back" of the leaf would be BELOW where leaf joins limb, right?
if on upper side might be mealybugs? (exploring leeway within brief description of 'gunk' :) )