Bradford pear - suckers?

We had a Bradford pear (mistake) that's been taken down. Will it send up suckers from the roots?
Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **
possibly. Go out and buy a Cleveland pear to replace it and you've done yourself a favor. Better tree, medium growth rate, beautiful flowers, nice shape when mature and less likely to snap off in storms like the Bradford, and no stinky smell when it flowers like the Bradford too. Finish and remove the stump and plant that Cleveland in it's place.......... madgardener

The BPs in my neighborhood are at an age where one or two go with every big storm. I haven't seen any problems with sucker in my neighbors' yards.
Hi Vox Humana,

every big

yards.
As you said, they are old and may under stress, and lack of starch to regrow. For those younger trees, there is chance they will regrow when condition are right.
Regards, Wong