Bradford pear - suckers?

We had a Bradford pear (mistake) that's been taken down. Will it send up suckers from the roots?

Alan

Reply to
nobody

madgardener

The BPs in my neighborhood are at an age where one or two go with every big storm. I haven't seen any problems with sucker in my neighbors' yards.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Hi Vox Humana,

As you said, they are old and may under stress, and lack of starch to regrow. For those younger trees, there is chance they will regrow when condition are right.

Regards, Wong

Reply to
nswong