Boxwoods in pots

I have two emerald green boxwoods in containers on my front porch. They have been in the pots for about 4 years now and are healthy and beautiful. Can they stay in the pots for awhile, or should I put them in the ground? Can I root prune them? If so, would someone tell me how, or direct me to instruction? They are in 18 inch pots. Thanks in advance!
Em
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net (Emerald) wrote in message

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone can help. Thanks.
Em