Bought some hostas, but one of them isn't.

I bought some bagged hosta roots, but one of the bags had an additional plant (meaning, it didn't subtract from the number of "acutal" hostas supposedly in the bag) that looks completely different. What is this, some kind of daylily, maybe?
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/whatsta.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

It's a baby cthulhu.
-paghat the ratgirl
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html

Kinda looks like daylily tubers.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I can (on closer inspection) tell the top from the bottom. The tiny fiberous roots on the bottom didn't look much different than the tiny fiberous shreds of last year's stem at that top, though. Now that I think about it, though, I suppose it could also possibly be a dahlia root.
Simplest thing to do is plant it and see what grows! It doesn't even come close to looking like a Dahlia root to me; I'm sticking with daylily or an odd Hosta (the two are closely related, whereas the Dahlia is from a totally different plant family).
Hemma