Bougainvillea - what fertilizer to use?

How do you fertilize bougainvillea bushes? I notice that some new plants around my house are nice and green but they're not full and blooming like others around here. Is it just because they're young? What is the BEST fertilzer to use for these?
In Orlando, FL in sandy soil.
Apropos wrote:

The ones we grew when we lived in the Middle East (mostly sand) were fertilized twice annually with 13-13-13 and hit at least three times a year with Super Bloom, which encouraged multiple bloomings. This in an area with about 20% humidity and about 75F average temps. Should be somewhat similiar to Orlando IIRC. HTH
Incidentally, these "bushes" grew to about 30 feet tall, climbing the side of a two and a half story house. Don't bank on them always being bushes.
George

around
around
use for

They like hot positions facing the sun. Once you give them that it's just a matter of keeping the water and food up to them. They will flower when very young so check the position first as you may be wasting time going for heavy growth if they are not in full hot sun. I would use a balanced fertiliser as too much nitrogen will give masses of leaf growth (which only needs to be pruned).
David
g'day apropos,
over here in aaus' they thrive on neglect, the porer the soil and the drier the better the blooms (yes i know they are bracts), it's that simple if gardeners pamper them with feeding and watering all you get is growth and green leaves. they do realy well in full on sun.
len
snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len
http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1